Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hump Day, Bump Day!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you a 36 week-old bumpedo (because I think it looks like a torpedo):



I know, right? It's huuuuuuuuuuge! I've pretty much kissed any normalcy I once had goodbye. I can't even tie my own shoes anymore...God bless my husband. :) In other news, remind me to stand farther from the lightswitch next week...jeez Louise, how trashy.

"Congratulations, Kristi! You're 36 Weeks Pregnant. Your baby measures about 20.7 inches from head to toe and weighs about 6 pounds. The baby may drop lower in your abdomen, usually assuming the head-down position. You're in the home stretch; after this week, you'll be seeing your doctor weekly. You may be alternating between feeling exhausted and having extra bursts of energy. Along with backache and pelvic pain, constipation and heartburn are common."

At the risk of getting too personal (oh honestly, who am I kidding...) constipation is N-O-T a problemo for this girl. Check that off the list. The heartburn has also eased significantly...dare I say gone forever? Friends and coworkers are telling me that I'm dropping, but I guess I don't feel/see it.

I had a quick checkup on Monday to follow up from Friday's triage extravaganza and I'm in the clear. Just some normal pregnancy swelling. (For which I'm told I have the Talicska gene to thank.) They did my Strep B test (you want to put that WHERE?) and I'll have those results on Monday when I start going to my weekly appointments!

Tonight I'm getting a prenatal massage. I think I'm more excited about it than Christmas, which is a LOT.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wont be long now! I bet you cant wait! How was that massage? Sue