Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hump Day, Bump Day!

Holy week 35, Batman! I start seeing the OB once a week next week, so that can only mean one thing...WIP is coming out to play soon!!! :) I can't tell you how often Joe and I are just putzing around town doing mundane errands and we wish right out loud that we had him here to lug around with us. Get here, already, kid!!!

Here's the bump at week 35. Is it just me or do I look like a giant torpedo? And, yes, those are stretch marks you see in the first picture. (Sadness.) They are on the underside of my belly - obvs a part of my body I haven't seen in weeks. My shirt rolled up a bit the other night and Joe said, "Honey, are you bruising?"

I scampered to the mirror and was staring square in the belly at my worst nightmare: stretch marks. Stupid Laila Ali and her very obvious false advertising re: Palmer's Stretch Mark Lotion. I've been using that crap every.single.day (sometimes 2-3x/day) since the day I found out I was PG. You think my case would stand in court? Argh.



"Congratulations, Kristi! You're 35 Weeks Pregnant. Your baby measures about 20.25 inches from head to toe and weighs more than 5.5 pounds. Lungs are almost fully developed, but if born now the baby would probably be put in an incubator. It still doesn't have enough fat deposits beneath its skin to keep warm outside your womb. Your uterus is about six inches above your navel. By now your weight gain is probably between 24 and 29 pounds. Discomfort and sleeping problems are common around this time. It won't be too much longer."

We visited 2 pediatricians yesterday; I'll update on that tomorrow. Being a (responsible) parent is a really, really, really hard job. I even dreamt about pediatricians last night. Well, in between the 17 or so trips to the bathroom, that is.

1 comment:

*cait* said...

dang it! i'll look into a suit against laila. geesh.