Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hump Day, Bump Day!

Time sure does fly when you're lugging around 20 extra pounds. I keed, I keed. But it is incredible to think that we're in week 33 already! At the infamous Childbirth Ed class, Madelyn was telling us that depending on the woman, the first signs of labor will occur anywhere from 35 weeks to 42 weeks. Joe just looked at me with big, happily frightened eyes and said, "Holy cow that's 2 weeks!" Hard to believe...but we are so, so anxious for him to get here.



"Congratulations, Kristi! You're 33 Weeks Pregnant. Your baby measures about 19.4 inches from head to toe and weighs about 4.4 pounds. In the next few weeks, your baby will be growing rapidly. He will gain more than half his birth weight in the next seven weeks. Baby begins to move less now as he runs out of room and curls up with knees bent, chin resting on chest and arms and legs crossed. The uterus is about 5.2 inches above your navel, and you've gained between 22 and 28 pounds. Of the pound a week you're gaining now, roughly half is going to your baby. "

I'm predicting that while it's safe to say that WIP will double in size, so will I. I'm already noticing that my favorite tees from Old Navy aren't long enough to cover my tum tum anymore. Sadness. But where can I buy shirts that are LONGER than a maternity shirt? Any ideas? Short of going to a store for giants, I think I'm stuck.

Oh, and another funny story related to my ginormousness...when I first found out I was prego it was late summer, so all of Old Navy's maternity winter clothes were like dirt cheap. In true Kristi bargain form, I pretty much bought every single item less than $5 on their site - most of which makes up my entire wardrobe at the moment. Anyway, I bought this REALLY cute pair of jeans and tried them on for my mom, Kelli and Susan on the day we told them I was PG. They were HUGE. Literally couldn't keep them up.

Guess what I wore shopping last night? Yeah...

But at least I looked cute!

No comments: