Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hump Day, Bump Day!

Sorry for the delay. It's been quite the nuthouse around here lately...

Yesterday we completely emptied what used to be the office to turn it into WIP's room. HOLY HELL we have a lot of stuff. I swear someday the basement will start talking to us and be like, "Seriously, guys, if you bring ONE more thing down here..." Oy.

I digress. So amidst all the packing, cleaning and organizing I somehow managed to lose the camera, thus delaying the HDBD post. I panicked for the better part of an hour, fearing I accidentally packed it up in one of the twelve bags we took to Salvation Army yesterday. (And for those of you who know the story of the SA and Joe's laptop, you can totally understand my fear...and are probably laughing at me a little, too.)

Alas, all is well. I found the camera nestled in the pillows on the couch. So, here it is:



"Congratulations, Kristi! You're 24 Weeks Pregnant. Your baby measures around 8.4 inches from crown to rump and weighs about 1.2 pounds. He is starting to produce white blood cells, an important component of blood that is responsible for combating disease and infection, and may respond to your touch or sounds. Your uterus is about 1.5 to 2 inches above your navel. Expect to gain about a pound per week this month. Tests for detecting gestational diabetes are given between now and 28 weeks."

It should also be known that as Joe was taking my picture, he paused and quizzically asked, "What's that shadow? ...oh, it's your butt."

Thanks, honey...love you, too! (Feel free to send him hatemail.)

Here's to the last post of 2008 and to 2009 being the best year yet!

No comments: