Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy December!!

Well, I pinky promised that I wouldn't let my Christmas obsession leak on the blog until December 1...so, here it is! Complete with new background AND playlist for your reading pleasure. (If you think this is bad, you should see my house. It looks like the garland fairies puked all over it. It's GLORIOUS!) <--More to come on that in a later post.

A lot has happened since I last updated. We had Thanksgiving dinner in Auburn and I literally ate until it hurt. I swear that I alone can keep the makers of Tums in business. Mom and Dad let us scam all sorts of leftovers, so WIP has been swimming in gravy for the better part of 5 days now. It's heaven, truly.

Joe and I woke up SUPER early on Black Friday for 2 reasons: 1) to take Kelli (or Scott, as Joe now likes to call her) to the airport; and 2) to cash in on the DEALS! DEALS! DEALS!

We were at Best Buy for an undisclosed gift for an undisclosed family member at about 6:15 am. It wasn't super crazy, and we managed to get what we went in for. There was an Office Depot next door and about 100 crazy fools were in line in the FREEZING COLD. They didn't open until 7. I'll never understand the whole standing in line thing. Sure, in California...but Michigan?!?

After Best Buy, we grabbed a quick (and healthy!) b-fast at Mickey D's and hit up Meijer, JCPenney, SEARS, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Value City Furtniture and not one, but two Art Vans and Macy's. (Didn't have what we wanted at the first stop for both.)

All in all, the day was a huge success. With the exception of one item, we got screamin' deals on everything we bought. And, of course, Joe loved that he was praised by all the women we met in the checkout lines...because their husbands were at home sleeping/watching football. :) I'm so lucky.

We spent all day yesterday decorating the house for Christmas...ooooooohhh it looks so pur-ty! I'll try to get some pics of our tree up this week. HAPPY DECEMBER!

No comments: