Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake.

Hi. My name is Jake. Well, everyone calls me "Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake," but I'm pretty sure the 'a' isn't supposed to be held for 3 seconds (or longer). It's really just "Jake." Whatever. I'll answer to most anything...even "Nancy" these days. (Mom and Dad are considering "Jacob" as a potential baby name, thus mine would have to change. This kid is seriously taking over my world!)



My Mid Midlife Crisis tagged me in a meme. The first time my Mom read the tag, she thought that it was a typo, and that MMMC really meant "memo"...but after a quick Googling she learned that 'meme' was, indeed, a real word. Go fig. Although she's pretty sure it's the wrong desciptor, we'll go with it.

Here are the rules...

1. Link to the person that tagged you. (Check)
2. Post the rules on your blog. (Check)
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. (Only six?)
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

(Because Mom doesn't consider herself a real blogger, we're ignoring rules 4 and 5. But if you read this blog and have a pet, feel free to play along!)

1. I know I already told you my name, but my REAL name when my Dad adopted me was "Captain Jack Sparrow." I know, it's totally weird - you might wonder how I survived on the streets with such a crappy name for all those years before Dad found me. But I made the other dogs in my dog gang call me "Fearless Leader," so it was all good. That's right - I was in a dog gang. I was their leader. We hunted squirrels. No one was safe from our humping and chasing.

2. My Mom's not really sure how I have any hair left on my body because it's all over the house. It drives her bonkers when she Swiffers, because it's like the cleaning never happened. Swiff, hair. Swiff, hair. Swiff, hair. I think it's amusing. She, on the other hand, does not. And you should see how full the Dyson is after she's done with the carpets!

3. I like to dig holes in the backyard - again, something Mom and Dad aren't such big fans of. But they don't understand that I HAVE to do it to bury my secret treasure for the fellow members of my dog gang. We cannot let the squirrels prevail!

4. I will pretty much eat anything, but I never beg. I will just patiently wait for you to give me your scraps. Oh, but not those tangerine things Mom has been eating lately. I'm NOT a fan of those. Yuck!

5. I love, love, love to run. I've secretly escaped a few times to work off some steam, but I always come back. I mean, who wouldn't come back to a warm house where you get lots of food and attention?

6. I have a secret weapon. But before I tell you, you have to paw-promise me that you won't tell my Mom and Dad. Deal? Deal. So, the secret weapon is my eyes. I have this look that I give my mom and dad when I reeeeaaaaallly, reeeeeaaaalllyyy, want something. It works every. single. time.

So, that's pretty much it. I'm a pretty cool dog...but I must stress again how much this kid thing is freaking me out. What if he gets my table scraps? I will so not be cool with that.


No comments: