Friday, January 16, 2009

Three Things Come Top Of Mind.

Forgive me if you don't get the post title. There are only 3 people in the world who will...and to them, I'm funny. Either way, read on...

1) I think it's imperative that I host a Facebook etiquette class, or maybe even just set up a group that would support me in my efforts to stop improper spellings/use of any and all instances of your vs. you're, insure vs. ensure, their vs. they're vs. there, and the like in the "status" section. I even swear to you I witnessed a desert vs. dessert yesterday. I mean, if there is one thing you should NOT screw up, it's the Gobi and German Chocolate Cake. Am I right?

2) To that point, how many times is too many times to add someone as a friend? I say you get two chances. You get the first shot for free, hoping they will recognize your picture (that said, your picture MUST be current, not circa 1999 when you were having a really great hair phase). On your second shot, I recommend you put in a personal message referencing who you are (maybe you lost 100 pounds, got married or got a sex change since I last saw you?) and how I know you. Help to jog my memory...I am pregnant, after all. Bottom line: nine times is approximately seven times too many to add anyone as your friend. Seriously, give up.

3) What say you about Kelly Clarkson's new song, "My Life Would Suck Without You"? Personally, I enjoy the jam. It's good cleaning music. Not that I ever clean...but if I did...

In other news, (I can't add a 4th to the list...it would mess the up the "top of mind" mojo) I'm sick. And it SUCKS. I absolutely loathe the act of sneezing when I'm not pregnant - I think it is violently disgusting. But it's soooo much worse when you're pregnant. I liken it to having the strongest man in the world tear my ribcage apart from the center at the climax of the sneeze and then letting go instantaneously - forcing all my inner organs to SLAM together in the most excruciatingly painful nanosecond of my life. Sounds glorious, no? Let's hope I get over this quickly.

No comments: