Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hump Day, Bump Day!

Is it Wednesday again, already? Sheesh, where does the time go when you're on vacation? :)

Actually, those (who stalk) with Facebook know we've been quite busy. Well, Joe's been quite busy. Today I'm blogging from the East Lansing apartment of my bestie, Caitlin. She's slaving away at her very important lawyer job and I'm lazily blogging from her comfy couch with TLC on in the background. (Yay for me.) The only thing that would make this moment more perfect would be some coffee…but we all know how that would end. Joey's at home, finishing the last of the painting...again, simply the best.

Well, I'm going strong at Week 25. I had an appointment on Monday - they checked my blood glucose (crappy, disgusting orange drink made me want to vom) and thyroid levels again. Results should be back by tomorrow, but since I didn’t collapse on the floor in the hour I was waiting for the crappy orange drink to do its thang, I think I’m cool.

Here’s the bump-a-lump this week. (Wow, I know.)



You’ll notice the magical black pants are missing, and the tummy is clothed rather than bare. Well, I sorta forgot to pack the mystical pants…and the jeans are the full-panel kind. Notsomuch suitable for the droppage of the trou, if you’re pickin’ up what I’m throwin’ down.

“Congratulations, Kristi! You're 25 Weeks Pregnant. Your developing baby now measures about 8.8 inches from crown to rump and weighs 1.5 pounds. Skin now becomes opaque instead of transparent. Its body is still covered with folds of skin like a puppy that need to grow into its skin. The heartbeat can be heard through a stethoscope or, depending on the position of the baby, by others putting an ear against your belly. Besides your uterus growing upward, it may be getting bigger on the sides of your abdomen.”

(So are they telling me I have TWO puppies? Jake will just die…)

Another update I get says that at week 25, WIP is able to touch and hold his feet and make a fist…pretty sure he practices the fist part about 11 o’clock very night. I predict he will be verrrrrrry good at Wii boxing when he finally emerges into this world.

I’m headed back home later this afternoon to smooch my hubby and check out all his hard work – the house is finally done!! Now we just need to add one more little member to our clan and it will be a home. April, here we come!

No comments: