Monday, January 12, 2009

Back To It.

Whoosh. Today was the dreaded and slightly anticipated back-to-work day. We've been off since Christmas Eve...I know, right?

So far, so good. Got my ultimate fave, Chipotle, for lunch...a nice switch from last week, when Joe and I were practicing "Great Depression" week and vowed to not eat out. Come to think of it, I should have been blogging about our food escapades last week. Oh well.

I've been awake for more consecutive hours today than I was for all of break, and I think my body went into shock at 2 p.m. when I didn't eat a bowl of ice cream followed by a nap. I need to put my feet up. I have raging heartburn from my deliciously poor choice in lunch. My stomach barely fits under my desk. I'm generally annoyed...can you tell?

On the bright side, I have a hair appointment tonight. And what girl doesn't love getting pampered at the salon? They usually have 2 girls blow dry my hair at the same time - so I pretend that I'm a brunette Carrie Underwood headed to a very glam red carpet event. You know, like the "Glowing Prego" awards or something like that.

In shout-out news, I must address the following:
  • Mad props to my sister, Kelli, who ran the Disney 1/2 marathon on Saturday. I'm told she lived through it (running every step of the race, nonetheless) and I couldn't be more proud of her. Go girl!!
  • I'm pleased to announce that WIP will have a new friend in August! My friends Keliann and Michael are expecting...yippie!! Funny story, actually...I made Keliann come with me on my first "date" with Joe (group work outing for Joe's b-day). Michael happened to work with me at the time and was also at the party. At the end of the night, it was just the four of us left at the bar...and the rest, they say, is history. They were married August 4, 2007 and we were married August 31. Our lives always seem to be in sync to experience all the fun stuff together! :)

No comments: