Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday...Funday?

Blah. It's Sunday. But not just any Sunday...it's the dreaded Sunday, after which I (we) must return to work. It's been a glorious 2.5 weeks, and the time actually didn't fly by like I expected. We were able to spend a lot of time together (teetering on the edge of too much) and got a LOT done on the house. All in all, I would say it's been a success - just enough vacation balanced with just enough manual labor.

As for Jake, I think every day is Sunday for him. Lucky dog. Take a look at what we just caught him doing:



Yep, he's just chillin' with his butt in the snow, watching the the birds at the feeder. And although he looks sweet and innocent, I assure you his intentions are not. He's actually watching the birds in a feeble attempt to trick the squirrels. It's as if he's saying to them, "See? I'm just a nice dog, watching the birdies. You can come over here, little squirrels, and I will watch you, too." And by "watch," he assuredly means "chase all over the back yard until you outsmart me by going up a tree."

No comments: