Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Shout Outs.

Yesterday I paid a visit to one of the people I cherish most on this planet: my chiropractor.

I know some people think chiropractic medicine is voo-doo, or that it doesn't work...but I am living proof that it's the greatest form of alternative medicine that exists. I've been going since I was 13 (Kyle's friend decided to football tackle me in the basement when I was doing a headstand) to relieve neck and back pain...and Dr. Noomie is absolute magic. I adore her. If she were to retire in my lifetime I would probably cry.

And call me crazy, but I know it helps with WIP, too. There's research that proves chiropractic care during pregnancy can help to properly position the baby, ease back pain and make labor and delivery a little...easier. And let's be honest, I'll try anything to help with that!

To that point, there are some other service providers in my life that deserve some mad props for helping to make my life a little better. For instance:

Chris - my mom's nail tech. She taught me to never underestimate the power of the perfect mani/pedi.

Ryan - a MAC makeup artist with humble beginnings at the MAC counter @ Macy's in Grand Rapids. He's since moved up in the world to the actual MAC store in Chicago. Word. He taught me proper application and color use. For that, I am eternally grateful. And while I'm at it, a shout out to MAC for making pretty much the best makeup line in existence.

Bert - a salon owner in the bustling metropolis of Auburn, MI. This man knows how to cut hair...he's a mastermind. I'm sad that I now have to pay 4x as much for a much lesser cut/style in Metro Detroit, but I fear there is no hope to get him to move here.

So to the people mentioned above and to every other service provider that I visit, thankyouverymuch for being awesome at what you do.

In other news, today is a great day. Why, you ask? Because while it feels like a Monday, it's actually Tuesday. That means tomorrow is already HDBD!!

No comments: