Friday, November 21, 2008

Better Than Wine.

I have a confession to make: the other night Joe and I went to Kona Grill for dinner. They have an ah-may-zhing happy hour menu, so we like to take advantage of it from time to time for a cheap, fancy-ish dinner.

Their Merlot was the wine special of the evening, and as I ordered my H2O with a splash of lime on the rocks, Joey ordered himself a delicious glass of red wine goodness. I was honest-to-goodness salivating when the waitress put it on our table. (Add this to the fact that it was 20 degrees out and I was wearing flip-flops with my work outfit due to a recent pedicure, and I'm 98% sure she thought I was a total nutjob.)

Anyway, I've never in my life wanted anything more. I would have cut off a limb to get bottle service at our table. And let it be known - I'm no drunk! I just really, really, really like wine. (Not a very good argument, huh?) So I sniffed up the glorious aromas and had the teeny tinest of sips. It's so good when it touches the lips!

I know a lot of doctors (and women) will tell me that the "occasional glass" is "totally fine." And I don't disagree, but there is a proven risk factor there...even if it's minuscule. And, quite frankly, it's not something I am willing to risk. I'm sure that makes me an anomaly to some - the girl who's not willing to read pregnancy books to learn everything she can about babies/pregnancy, but is totally willing to give up wine, coffee, tanning, etc. I'm ok with that - to each his own. :)

Alas, I've found a nearly suitable drink to bide my time over the next 5 months: the salted caramel hot chocolate from Starbuckies. It. Is. So. Deliciously. Delicious. (Shield yourself from the nutritionals.) Seriously, you need to get in your car and drive to the nearest SB (I recommend one w/ a drive-thru...like I've said before, I'm lazy) and get yo-self one. I'm sipping one at this exact moment and it's pure bliss. Le sigh.

The even BETTER news is that right about the time Starbuckies will discontinue this delectable holiday treat (tear), McDonald's will have their Shamrock Shake back on the menu (joy!). Baby WIP's timing could not be any better...I love you, little one. Thank you for gifting mommy with all these treats and just at the right time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmm Kelli also spoke of this salted starbucks new-fangled doohicky... I think I may have to try one in the very very near future....