Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hump Day, Bump Day!

Well, lucky Wednesday readers, I thought today's post was going to have to be later tonight because Joe left super early for work and I just didn't have the energy to get out of bed for a picture before he left. However, modern technology and my quick thinking allowed me to prop the camera up on the couch and use the self-timer! So, it's not the greatest pic in the world, but it gets the job done.



Fit Pregnancy had this to say about Week 17:

"Congratulations, Kristi! You're 17 Weeks Pregnant. Your baby measures about 4.4 to 4.8 inches from crown to rump and has doubled its weight in the last two weeks to about 3.5 ounces. Fat begins to form aiding heat production and metabolism, the lungs are beginning to exhale amniotic fluid, and the circulatory and urinary systems are working. Hair continues to grow on baby's head and his eyebrows and eyelashes are filling in. You're showing more, with an obvious swelling in your lower abdomen. A five- to 10-pound weight gain is typical by now. You also may be noticing an increase in appetite."

I am very pleased to report that I fall right in the middle of the weight gain, at 6 lbs. Joe is still anxiously waiting for my ice cream cravings to start, but for now I'm lovin' the mashed potatoes. Sometimes even TBCY doesn't sound good, which is sooooo abnormal. I seriously don't know what we will do if our child doesn't like ice cream. Is there therapy for that? I keed, I keed.

In other news, I can now thank Facebook stalking for not one, but TWO faithful followers of this blog. Seriously, what did we do when internet stalking wasn't cinchy?

Enjoy your hump day - it's potluck day at work so I'm JAZZED! :)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Awww ... WIP's growing :) Perhaps Joe's ice cream cravings will be replaced with mashed potato cravings now that he's taking prenatal vitamins??