Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hump Day, Bump Day!

Ahhh, week 18. I'm now just 2 weeks shy of the halfway point, which is so terribly hard to believe. Time is flying by, yet moving at the speed of molasses at the same time. How can that be?

Here's a look at my ever-growing self. Today you get a special treat - me with a shirt on! (That sounds worse than it really is, doesn't it?)





"Congratulations, Kristi! You're 18 Weeks Pregnant. Your baby measures 5 to 5.6 inches from crown to rump and weighs about 5.25 ounces. The rapid growth spurt is tapering off, but reflexes are kicking in. He can yawn, stretch and make facial expressions, even frown. Taste buds are beginning to develop and he can now distinguish sweet from bitter. The baby can suck and swallow, and he may even get the hiccups. The eyes have become sensitive to light, so if a bright light is shined on your belly, baby will probably turn away. Your uterus, about the size of a cantaloupe, can be felt just below your navel. You're most likely feeling the baby move at this time. A mid-pregnancy ultrasound may be performed between now and 22 weeks to assess your baby's growth and development and to verify the due date. If the baby is in the right position, the ultrasound may even be able to determine the baby's sex."

I'm really starting to feel better and am so thankful for that! The headaches and evening death wishes have passed, but extreme heartburn has taken over. Soon, it won't even be worth it to eat my precious chips 'n salsa. A sad day, indeed. I'm pretty sure I haven't felt WIP move yet, but I'm told that it's hard to tell the difference between other pregnancy ailments (read: gas) and baby's movements this early.

I'm so looking forward to Thanksgiving and spending time with family. I think the most exciting part is that I don't have to pack my Thanksgiving "fat pants." Maternity pants will do the trick!

No comments: