Friday, November 14, 2008

Miracle of the Moment.

Today I've decided to get a bit sappy. Forgive me, it's the hormones. Ask anyone in my family - I'm usually quite snarky.

Anyway, I was jamming to my iPod yesterday, trying my darndest to avoid the real world (read: work, chores, to-do lists, etc.) and Steven Curtis Chapman helped to snap me out of my trance. His song "Miracle of the Moment" was ringing in my ears and the chorus really caught my attention. Mind you, I've listened to this song approximately 82 billion times on other occasions, but this time was somehow different.

The chorus goes a little somethin' like this:
So breathe it in and breathe it out
Listen to your heartbeat
There’s a wonder in the here and now
It’s right there in front of you
And I don’t want you to miss
The miracle of the moment

That line - there's a wonder in the here and now - really jostled me. (Ok, I really just wanted an excuse to use the word 'jostled'.) I mean, how often are we just buzzing about our days, trying to clean the house, get the groceries, cash the paycheck, pay the bills...and we're forgetting to stop and see the miracle of the moment that God is putting right in front of us? It's kinda like the "stop and smell the roses" cliche, but instead of just sniffing a weird little flower, you actually take a moment to thank God for creating that rose, giving it the ability to grow and multiply and for using it to make His Earth a little more beautiful. See the difference?

Today I'm remembering to thank God for all my "miracles of the moment." Most notably, my husband, my WIP, my family, my friends, my job and my health. But aside from all those big, obvious things, there's little things in my every day life that I'm so, so thankful for...so take a moment in your busy day today and be thankful for one of your miracles of the moment.

No comments: