Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hump Day, Bump Day!

Greetings, faithful Hump Day readers! WIP's been growing, that's for sure! Some sources say I will start feeling the "flutters" soon, but either I'm not very discerning or WIP's not fluttering yet, because the only thing I'm feeling these days is a full bladder and some killer heartburn. I'm sure my love of Mexican food doesn't really help me in that department, but you can't ask me to give up my fajitas! :)

Fit Pregnancy had this to say about Week 16, which starts today:

"Congratulations, Kristi! You're 16 Weeks Pregnant. Your baby now measures about 4.3 to 4.6 inches from crown to rump and weighs about 2.8 ounces. Fingernails are well-formed and the fine hair, called lanugo, continues to grow on the head. Arms and legs are moving, the nervous system is functioning and muscles are responding to stimulation from your baby's brain. You may be able to hear the baby's heartbeat in the doctor's office. Your uterus has grown significantly by now and weighs about 8.75 ounces. Within the next few weeks you may start to feel your baby move, called "quickening." It's often described as a gas bubble or subtle fluttering movement. As it happens more regularly, you'll know it's your baby. There are other physiological changes happening in your body. Increased blood volume to support your growing fetus may cause nosebleeds, and veins may become more apparent. Because your uterus is shifting, you may not have to urinate as much."

For what it's worth, my uterus isn't "shifting" yet. Or, at least I'm not experiencing the bonus effects of said shift.

Seriously - can you believe that belly button? It's ridic! ...but those pants...those are nice! :)

In related baby news, my friend Jackie had her baby yesterday - Leighton Elise. She's a little peanut - 5 lbs. 4.5 oz. and 19.5" long. She's a cutie and both mom and baby are doing well. I can't wait to hold her!

No comments: