Thursday, November 13, 2008

Respect the Turkey.

Ok - I realize from the title of this post that you may think I'm a proponent of respecting Mr. Turkey and his ever-popular Thanksgiving holiday. Weeeeeeeell, you would be big time wrong-o.

You see, I'm of the mindset that the Christmas season should start the second Halloween is over. I'm itching to put up my tree as I close the door on the last little munchkin at my doorstep and turn off the porch light. And I KNOW there are bajillions of people out there that disagree with me, but I just can't help it. I. Love. Christmas.

Big shocker: I'm on the "party planning" committee at work. (Eerily similar to "The Office" team, honest.) We had our big Thanksgiving potluck lunch yesterday, though we had to call it "Fall Fest" to make HR happy. Anyway, it was very successful and we're already making plans for the next event. And when the crew told me that they want to do a cube decorating contest for December I almost peed my pants.

It honestly kept me up all night. I have literally played every scenario and option out in my head. If I could draw, I would already have my blueprints ready to rock. I envision a sea of Christmas wonderland - garland, lights, my mini hot pink tree, little fake presents - it will be puketastic. I will blare Christmas music so the 2nd floor hears it. I will hang snowflakes from the ceiling. I will cover the ground in white felt and pretend it's snow. It's going to blow your mind.

However, out of respect for the turkey and my husband, I will not flick the Christmas switch until Dec. 1. But beware - I will be preparing in the meantime!

1 comment:

Abby said...

I just discovered a radio station here playing christmas music already. I immediately cranked it up and sang along at the top of my voice the rest of the ride home. I am THAT GIRL.