Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hump Day, Bump Day!

Holy moly, people. We are in Week 32!! It's getting so real it's almost scary. Scary in a good way, though.

I hit snooze about 8 too many times this morning, so there was no time for the snazzy black pants in le bump pics. But, I do have on my work pants - you know you love that stretchy side panel. Hot!



"Congratulations, Kristi! You're 32 Weeks Pregnant. Your baby measures about 18.9 inches long from head to toe and weighs almost 4 pounds. It fills almost all the space in your uterus now. A layer of fat is forming underneath the thin, wrinkly skin. Baby's practicing opening his eyes and breathing. Most internal systems are well developed, but the lungs may still be immature. You may continue to get backaches and leg cramps and you may notice colostrum -- a yellowish fluid that precedes milk production -- leaking from your breasts."

Joe gets these emailed to him every week, too...and when he read it he sent me an instant message that said "WAS NOT PREPARED TO READ ABOUT COLOSTRUM." Hehe...so funny. Maybe he can ask Miss Priss all about it at class next Tuesday? I'm sure she has an educational speech prepared for the masses.

We had an appointment yesterday morning and I'm happy to report that I'm still a "very boring" pregnancy. They drew blood again to test my thyroid and for the first time ever, the nurse totally effed it up. I have a bruise on my arm and it hurts like whoa. Stupid nurse.

In other news, I'm downloading all my shower pics right now so you can expect that post tomorrow. If any of you are looking for a photographer to document a life event, I'm pretty sure you should hire my soon-to-be sister-in-law, Jill. She was on camera duty at the shower and captured everything - even the sorbet! :) Thank you, Jill!!!

No comments: