Thursday, July 23, 2009

A'int Nothin' Like The Real Thing, Baby.

We all know that I adore coupons. And store brands. And sales. And basically anything that will save money. However, there are a few things that I absolutely do not compromise on. I know that you probably don't give a rats ass what they are, but I'm going to tell you anyway. And you will probably read them.

1. Jif peanut butter. I don't care what anyone says, no other pb on the planet is as delicious as Jif. I am a choosy Mom and will continue to be for the rest of my life. Let's not kid ourselves here, though, I always buy it with a coupon. It's like freakin' $8 for the big jar!

2. Nabisco reduced fat Wheat Thins. The store brand "wheat crackers" just simply do not cut it. And I would buy the reduced fat even if they were the full fat kind, because I think they taste better than the regular ones. Also, no fancy flavors here. I applaud Nabisco's venture out into the world of flavored crackers, but I'll stick to the good ol' fashioned nutty goodness of the original, thankyouverymuch.

3. Reduced fat Cheez-its. I could literally eat an entire box of these in one sitting. And the same goes here for the reduced fat - I think they actually taste better than the full fat ones. Mmmmm delicious. And while they don't often print coupons for le Cheez-it, I typically will only purchase them on sale. And buy purchase them I mean throw 2 family size boxes in my cart and salivate until I can open them.

4. Diet Pepsi/Coke. The store brands just simply do not cut it. Perhaps I have a very refined palate (Joey stop laughing), but they are NOT the same. And as long as we're talkin' soda pop, there is NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING like McDonald's Coke. It's like heaven through a straw. I don't know why, but no other fountain Coke tastes like Mickey D's...it has more of a cinnamon-y taste that I simply adore. And the $1 any size summer deal? Let's just say they know me by name at the McDonald's down the street.

5. Swiffer dusters. I hateloathehateloatedespise Swiffering more than anything on the planet and would do anything including faking a heart attack to avoid it. Meijer recently came out with a store brand version of the refills, so I bought them and thought, "Hey, to save $3 I'll give it a whirl." They sucked so much I actually threw away the rest of the box. That should tell you something.

Told you you would read them. :)

Now that I have successfully wasted a good 6 minutes of your life (4 if you're a fast reader), I shall go make friends with the treadmill so I can have a successful WIW next week. Ciao!

5 comments:

Jackie D. said...

Mickey D's Coke is my favorite too - although I prefer regular rather than diet. I drink it often and tweeted about it last week - how funny :) I found out there's a lot of people that prefer McD Coke!

How funny is that?

Abby said...

I also won't go store brand on macaroni and cheese. I just can't compromise!

Erin said...

I am obsessed with both Jif and coupons. Please leave me a comment as soon as you freaking find a Jif coupon and I will be on that like my dog on a fly. My husband eats the store brand peanut butter and he told me, "it tastes the same." Yeah. That went over like a fart in church. No way. Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaaaaaase let me know if you find a Jif coupon. I haven't seen one since about 1979 (before I was born). Many thanks, my dear! (PS-Found you from Mrs. Southern Belle.)

Unknown said...

My Husband is a Cheez It lover and esp loves the Cheddar JAck version, have you tried them?? Sue

little dragon said...

I love reading people's lists of things they enjoy or despise! keep 'em coming!!