Monday, April 27, 2009

Scrub-A-Dub-Dub.

Alex got his first bath the other night - it was so much fun! Since his cord hasn't fallen off yet we gave him what my Grandpa would call a "whore's bath." No soaking, just a scrub with a washcloth and a good ol' shampoo.

He LOVED the shampoo...gets that from his daddy. However, he was notsomuch a fan of the scrubbing and rinsing parts as indicated by this pic:




As I believe Alex himself mentioned in his own blog post, he will NOT be a fan of the baptismal font. Speaking of le baptism, I called our pastor today to get that scheduled. I'm hoping to be able to do it on Mother's Day...that would be cool. I'll know more when I get a call back.

And I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but I promise to get to the birth story soon. I honestly pick up my computer 3 times a day to do it, but reliving that experience isn't something I'm ready for just yet. I promise, promise, promise to do it within the week.

Alex, I'll just say "you're welcome" in advance for not posting horrifically embarrassing pictures of your first bath. You know, the ones of you laid out spread-eagle for all the world to see? You will thank me when you're 13 and all your little girlfriends are stalking my blog archives to find incriminating pictures to giggle over. I love you too, sweetie.

And to the 13 year old girls reading my blog in the future, stay away from my son. He can't date until he's 30.

1 comment:

The Brewer Babies! said...

Too cute! Those pics will be funny to look back on. I can't keep Charlie away from the bath now. He hated it the very first time too!!!