Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Hump Day, Bump Day!

bV's the size of a durian!
She weighs about 4.2 to 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches. And she may grow up to a full inch this week -- amazing.

bV at 33 weeks 
- She's keeping her eyes open while awake.
- She's also starting to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing.
- Her bones are hardening.
- And she going through (more) major brain development -- that's one smart baby!
via thebump.com


A durian? I feel like that's a Star Nerd character, no? Anyway, I googled it and allegedly it's a real spiny and smelly fruit native to southeast Asia. So, you know, a perfect comparison to my baby.

We had another appointment this week and all is well in Harper Land. She's head down (not that it particularly matters in my case) and is very much an evening baby. Yesterday she was practicing her roundhouse kicks for me and putting on quite the show for her Daddy...and all he could do was laugh at me and my earthquake of a belly.

As far as preparedness, we're physically ready for her. She has food, (TONS of) clothing and (a SUPER cute) shelter. Mentally, I'm not so sure I'm there yet. I did a few loads of very pink laundry over the weekend and had like 12 panic attacks as I was folding it all. PINK. It's very weird and alien-like to me.

After my next appointment we start going weekly. YIPES! And then, it's only just a matter of time before she joins our family officially!

No comments: