Thursday, September 5, 2013

Harper Land.

I've had Harper's room designed in my head from the moment the ultrasound tech said she was 80% sure it was a girl. (Yes. I still lose sleep that she MIGHT come out a boy...it's fine.)

I knew it had to be a cheery, happy place with no pastels. Pastels depress me and make me want to vomit.

I knew it had to be girly and bright with personal touches so she knows how much she is loved.

I also knew I had to do it on a budget, Kristi style. Challenge, accepted!

Here's a quick 360 tour in photos...

Crib was Alex's. Ceiling tiles were a 30th bday present from my parents
...and yes, we'll have to move the tiles when she's older and more mobile




Chevron baskets and dot tin from Michael's
"harper" bunting handmade by the lovely Sarah of so sarah designs
The little doll was my Mom's when she was a girl
The cross was a gift from Joey
Everything else was crafted, found or spray-painted


Sources for this image in this post
Quilt was a handmade gift from my friend, Katy



Print was a gift from Uncle Kyle & Aunt Jill.
Stool is old - from Target


I ordered this piece from a Rendi party and it hangs on the closet door knob. I'd never heard of their products before a friend of mine became a consultant. Visit her page, here to see all the cool & customizable Rendi products that are available.

So that's a tour of our lovely little lady's room. I love it because it's a mix of new, old and meaningful pieces that will grow with her. Unless she wants to be a tomboy, in which case I guess I'll just start over in 5 years.

1 comment:

Mrs. C. said...

I love your nursery!! The bright colors are so happy and adorable! They told me I'm having a girl, due Nov. 2, but I'm still having nightmares too!!! They won't give me another ultrasound to confirm... boo.