Friday, May 17, 2013

On being schooled by my 4 year old.

We play silly games in our house all the time. One of the most fun activities is when we try to "over silly" someone else's silly statement.

For instance, Alex will tell me that "A monkey wearing a hat is silly." I reply with, "A monkey wearing a hat with a mouse on top is sillier." You get the picture?

So on the way home from daycare the other day, Alex spotted a little house set far back in the woods that he hadn't ever noticed before. He laughed and said, "Mom, a house in the forest is silly."

I replied with, "What's sillier--a house in a forest or a house in the ocean?" Thinking to myself that a house in the ocean sounds so silly!

Without skipping a beat he retorted, "A house in the forest is sillier, Mom. Haven't you ever heard of a houseboat?"

Touche, kid. Touche.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Hilarious. And smart. Hilarious and smart, that kid. He is definitely a Talicska. :)