Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Hump day, bump day.

bV's the size of an avocado!
Now, he's about 4.6 inches long and weighs about 3.5 ounces, and he's big enough that your doctor may be able to hear his heartbeat.

bV at 16 weeks:
- He's listening to your voice, thanks to tiny bones forming in his ears.
- He's growing hair, lashes and eyebrows.
- And he's forming taste buds.

An avocado you say? Well that's fairly ironic since if you were to merely suggest I look at an avocado, let alone eat it, I'd probably punch you in your kidney. Very few things sound edible, but I manage to snorf down the usual suspects of green grapes, Teddy Grahams, bananas, raisin toast and Munchies. bV and I have very eclectic tastes.

The same old song-and-dance of here-we-go-again nausea is still making a daily appearance from about 3 pm until bedtime, so we're making progress there. I'm also hurling significantly less, so that's something?

We've got about another 3.5 weeks until we find out bV's gender, and despite our rather lock-solid list containing only 1 boy and 1 girl name, we're starting to expand on that, too. Odds are fairly certain we'll revert to our original selections once push comes to shove--we're not really into change.

Oh, and before you ask, yes, I will be sharing those names in another post. I can't give you everything at once!

No comments: