Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Hump day, bump day!

bV's the size of a mango!
At about 6.0 inches long and weighing in at about 8.5 ounces, he's getting there!

bV at 19 weeks:
- Developing a protective coating over his skin, called vernix caseosa. It's greasy and white and you may see some of it at birth.
- Working on his five senses. Nerve cells for his sense of taste, hearing, sight and smell are developing in his brain.
via thebump.com


Almost halfway there! Monday's the big gender reveal day, and we're so excited. That is also my first appointment with my new doctor, so I'm excited to get to know him on a more personal basis and learn when he schedules C-sections so my OCD can really kick into overdrive and I can start planning.

I also think that after this ultrasound I'll feel more comfortable starting to put the nursery together and really wrapping my head around the idea that we're having this baby. If I'm honest, I don't really think I've felt or believed much of this pregnancy for the last 19 weeks. Seeing bV again will definitely be another big milestone, and I can't wait!

No comments: