Monday, October 4, 2010

Slip 'N Slide.

Yesterday as I was preparing a delicious and healthy meal for my spawn (read: mac 'n cheese & blueberries), he was cheerfully roaming around the house pushing his "lawnmower" (aka the most annoying ball-popper, ever). Anyway, at some point when I moved from the kitchen to the dining room, the mower got quiet and he began singing and squealing to himself in the kitchen. I remember thinking to myself at that moment how adorable he is...

As I came around the corner, oh what to my wondering eyes did I see? Said spawn, sitting and sloshing around in a POOL of olive oil. Like, a Costco bottle of olive oil. On my kitchen floor.

I had no words at that moment. I believe what I stammered to Joe was, "Oil. Floor. Towel. Help!" and he came scurrying around the corner to help.

In hindsight, it's actually quite hilarious that the monster was able to open the cupboard (the only one in the kitchen without a child lock), lift the bottle from the shelf to the floor and unscrew the lid.

The upside to all this? I won't need to put baby lotion on him for at least a week.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh my gosh, Kristi! Also, I know that mower ball popper well, and despise it. WE bought it for Trace, and have never cringed at a toy more, when it comes out. Ha!

Chardonnay said...

Look at the bright side: At least he wasn't on the carpet!

Kids, Canines, and Chaos said...

I love that he is your spawn in this story. Not your precious baby boy.. or your lovie. Your spawn. It reminds me of when I was growing up and the dog did something. My mom used to always say, "You'll never guess what your dog did today." as if it wasn't her dog when it was naughty.

You didn't happen to snap a picture did you? You know, for us.