Monday, September 28, 2009

Weirdness & The Weekend.

There's a lot of weirdness going on in the office right now, and once the dust settles I'll bring y'all up to speed. But to get our minds off it in the meantime, let's review the weekend, shall we?

The Talicska men were up at "God's Country," aka my Uncle's property up north, so Mom and Jill came to spend the weekend with me and Alex. Why was Alex not with the men, you ask? The rules of Talicska Man Weekend are simple and finite: you must be at least 16 years of age, have a penis, and be spawn of or married to a Talicska to gain admittance. Alex received his certificate of entry from my Uncle Dave back in June, and he must present it to the Elders (My Dad, Uncle Perry, Uncle Dave) in September 2025 to be allowed in. Until then, he's stuck shopping with the girls. :)

Jill, Mom, Sarah and I spent most of the weekend preparing top secret things for Kelli and David's shower in addition to spending an inordinate amount of time in various stores around town. Also, copius amounts of wine may or may not have been consumed. Glorious.

When Joey got home on Sunday we did some more work in the basement - hanging pictures, decorating, etc. and prepped the yard for fall. This weekend I will plan mums! I'm quite sure there was once a day that had you told me I would be excited about planting mums I would have punched myself in the ovaries. Who am I?

Ok. Back to work for me...time for a coffee refill.

No comments: