Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back To Work.

Today, I survived. That was about all I could do.

Dropping him off was not hard...he's in wonderful, loving hands. And quite honestly, he didn't know the difference. I, however, cried a few tears and then (as my Dad would say) "put on my big girl panties and dealt with it." A latte at Starbucks eased the pain and the next stop was corporate America.

Lord save me.

It wouldn't have been as sucky if I had been going back to my old job. Oh, did I not tell you this? During my SECOND week of maternity leave, my boss called to tell me about an "opportunity" for when I returned. (Aka..."you (and the other pregnant girl in our group) are getting fired... but we found a place for both of you in other divisions.") Yep. You read that right.

So, not only did I have to leave my precious child at day care today, I had to essentially start a new job. With a new boss. And no friends.

Today, in a word, sucked. It sucked major ass.

And now I shall go drown my sorrows in a vat of wine.

3 comments:

*cait* said...

i love you very much. that is all.

Jackie D. said...

I am glad you survived Kristi. I am bummed about your new position too. But, at least I still get to see ya!
And you looked great!

Eve said...

I work 3 days a week and when I first started I was always panicy about getting back to my Son. But it does get easier... though you do have the occasional day filled with guilt.

Generally I've found my son is better behaved as well.. I like to think it's because he misses me so much. I mean, I'd be fed of my face too if I had to see it all day long. :)