Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday!

First, let it be known that there is not enough Starbuckies in the universe to make it through today. As such, I will once again put into practice what you've all come to know and love as my one of my "lazy list posts." Deal.

- The season premiere of Grey's Anatomy was a little slow and rather predictable, but I sat in awe as we watched it on our brand new BATV! 52" of pure, LCD HD entertainment. That's what she said.

- Yesterday marked the 44th anniversary of the signing of Executive Order 11246 by President Lyndon B. Johnson, which officially prohibits sex discrimination in employment. *Snaps* for LBJ. I can't help but giggle a little bit when I type his initials.

- Tragic: we lost our Baby Bjorn. We'd only used it a handful of times, and I was really looking forward to using it on the Apple Orchard trip...but it's gone! Last time we used it was at Arts, Beats & Eats in Pontiac and we're pretty sure it fell out of the bottom of the stroller when we were loading the car back up in the dark. Boo.

- To my above point, I was bidding on a NEW Jeep baby carrier thingy on ebay yesterday. I was the only bidder with 30 seconds left ($2.00, thankyouverymuch) and some douchebag outbid me by $0.50. It honestly took me until last night at about 9 p.m. to officially get over it. Actually, I'm still pissed about it. Stupid whoeveryouare.

- Thanks to those who have voted for Alex in the GAP contest. Apparently the voting system and web structure for the site was designed by dyslexic monkeys because it only works for like every third person. Que sera, sera. Please keep trying....daily.

- And finally, for your reading enjoyment, you KNOW it's newsworthy when the WSJ covers it.

Happy almost weekend!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Argh, our church had a baby bjorn at their mom to mom sale for like $3. We also saw one at a garage sale for $3 earlier this summer. They are out there... just keep looking :)