Friday, September 11, 2009

McFunny.

This summer I became a VIP customer of the Mickey D's down the street. Their supa-sweet $1 any size diet delicousness combined with the convenience of a sleeping baby-friendly drive-thru was an offer I could not refuse. I'm not joking when I tell you they knew me by name.

So imagine my surprise when I drove thru last night to get my fix on and the 17-year old acne machine on the headset tells me my order of a large diet Coke will be $1.69.

*cough* "Say what? Shouldn't it be $1.06?"

"Sorry, m'am. That promotion ended Monday."

Two things wrong with the above: 1) He called me "m'am." B) I'm being forced to part with $0.63 thatI know that a mere 3 days ago I could have kept in my l'il pocket. So uncool. Alex needs to go to college, people!

In addition to the above insanity, I find the current pre-recorded welcome greeting on the drive-thru to be absolutely heeeelarious. They're promoting the new Angus Burger, but the recording sounds like, "Welcome to McDonald's. Would you like to try our new Anus Burger Extra Value Meal today?"

And all I can do is giggle.

1 comment:

Mrs. Sarcasm said...

I *heart* any soda out of a Mickey D's fountain. They put something addictive in there!! It tastes better then anywhere else! We definitely DID NOT have that promotion here, a little jealous!