Friday, August 14, 2009

Stalker?

I decided about 3 haircuts ago that the 45 minute drive to my former (and very loved) salon just couldn't cut it anymore. Ha! I'm so punny! While the cut and stylist were always perfect, my time with my boys has become far too precious.

My previous salon was a Redken salon, but research and faithful blog following revealed that Kerastase salons were great...if not better. I did some further googling and found a new (Kerastase) salon much closer to home.

The first visit was a smashing success. Loved the cut. Loved the stylist. Then she quit. I love my luck. So I switched it up and went with the owner (you can never go wrong with the owner, right?). She also turned out to be faboo, but it was a rather strange experience...

Maybe someone with more knowledge of the hair industry can 'splain this to me, but it was as if she had an intern/apprentice following her (and me!) everywhere she went. Washing my hair? She watched her like a hawk. Walking back to the station? Followed me step for step. Cutting my hair? Literally stood 6 inches from me and watched her every snip. She finally made herself useful at the end by picking up a blow dryer and drying my hair...but it was so, so, so strange. I felt like she was my stalker...following my every move. And she didn't say a word the entire time. I tried to make small talk to ease my discomfort, but she just stared at me blankly, continuing to hold all the owner's scissors and combs, should she need something.

It was seriously bizarre. Honestly it was so uncomfortable I might start the salon hunt all over again...ack!

Is this a Kerastase salon thing? Or an owner-of-the-salon-has-a-god-complex thing?

5 comments:

Beth said...

LOL! We both had the odd salon experience this week! Where did you go? I have to go back later today to get it fixed a little. I'm not so thrilled after all. :( -Beth

Jessi said...

Finding a good salon and hairdresser are hard to come by these days...I still try to hold out and get it cut when I am back in Lexington...

Kelli said...

Dear Seester.

As you already may have surmised, this is very unnerving to me on many levels as I am very picky about my hairdressers. I will share my apprentice experiences with you in person. They were not so fun.

jlmargs said...

That sounds awful! And getting a new haircut, from a stranger, in a salon you are still fairly new to is stressful enough, much less being stalked the entire time!

Jackie D. said...

My two best buds go to Aaron Michael Kosiba at the Cole Street Salon in Birmingham and have fabulous color and cuts. He is great and he is a really good family friend of my BF Amy. I'd go there, but eets' a little too far from me. You can Google him. His salon might be Kerastase...I can't remember. I know he uses some fancy Italian stuff that both my friend rave about. I am a fan of Kerastase Oleo Relax and my salon is Biolage/Redkin, so I just buy it online :)