Thursday, August 27, 2009

4 Month Checkup.

Mr. Alex had his 4 month checkup a few days ago and it went swimmingly! The doctor said he was "such a sweet little thing" and that we "set the bar high." Perhaps he says that to all his parents, but I like to think not. He also said he was super proud of me for being a "good and brave" mommy because I had to yank his circumcision apart. Oh, did I not tell you this? Silly me. Men of the world stop reading now or you will likely pass out.

Last time I was visiting my parents, my mom (a nurse) noticed that his circumcision had sort of "grown back." I will spare you the anatomy lesson, but you can use your imagination and figure it out. She advised that if I kept tugging on it every time I changed his diaper that it would likely break apart and go back to normal.

Well, the magical day that it DID pull apart I about lost my lunch. It didn't even phase Alex...he didn't wince or cry or even act as if anything had happened. Strange. Regardless, the doc was uber proud of me for being brave enough to do it - he'd never had a mom that did before. Yay for me.

In other news, he's growing just as he should and remains in the 50th %ile for pretty much everything. He was a champ for his shots. Me...notsomuch. :)

4 Month Checkup - Weight: 14 lbs. 10 oz. (50th %ile); Length: 25 in. (50th %ile); Head: 42.1 cm. (25/50th %ile)
2 Month Checkup - Weight: 12 lbs. (50/75th %ile); Length: 22.75 in. (25/50th %ile); Head: 39.2 cm. (25/50th %ile)

Growing. And awesome. He's the best.

2 comments:

Mrs. Sarcasm said...

So glad I have girls. You are brave!!!

Kelli said...

WOW! I never knew that! So so proud of you! The things we do for our kids... LOL