Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Devastating.

Exactly one week from today I'm back to work. It's so depressing I can hardly stand myself. I won't get to wake up every morning and play all day with my little man. Peek-a-boo and pattycake will quickly be replaced with pointless meetings and lunch hours that aren't long enough. I cry just thinking about it. But, rest assured that this face will be plastered ALL over my PC desktop:


In related news, Joey is taking me on a surprise trip this weekend for our anniverary...one last hurrah before I'm a slave to the man again. So I have that to look forward to!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I would work every day for you if I could. I'm so so sorry :( I wish I could make it all better.

Jackie D. said...

Going back to work sucks a big fat turd. How depressing is this: yesterday I got home from work, played with Leighton for a little bit, gave her a bath and it was her bedtime already - she fell asleep in my arms. I spent a total of 1.5 hours with her in a 24 hour day. Made me soooooooo sad. I wish I didn't have to work. Maybe Joey can strip on the side? You know for bachelorette parties and stuff...LOL!

Mrs. Sarcasm said...

I am in the same situation as you. I am lucky to have been able to stay home with my little girl for the first year, now I am going back to work a week from tomorrow. I cry when I am by myself and think about not seeing her smiling face all day! Best wishes!

BRONNY said...

I am very sad for you that you have to go back to work and spend all day without alex! :( I hope you have a great rest of your maternity leave!!!