Friday, May 15, 2009

Alex And The WIPpo

Confession: I'm about to steal an idea.

A friend of mine posts pictures of her daughter on every month's birthday in the same chair with the same teddy bear so everyone can watch her grow. Her album is called "Caroline and the Bear," since her daughter's name is (duh) Caroline and she uses a teddy bear.

Well, I've decided it's the greatest idea, ever, and am going to copy her. Only my album will be called "Alex and the WIPpo," because my son's name is (duh) Alex and I will use WIPpo.

Remember him? He is the very first thing I bought when I found out I was pregnant. He's a stuffed hippo, but we named him WIPpo after our precious little WIP. Maybe someday Alex will name him something else, but for now he's dubbed WIPpo.

So, without further adieu, I give you Alex and the WIPpo at 1 Month! Happy Birthday, little man. Thanks for sleeping for 5 consecutive hours this afternoon, it was the best present you could ever give Mommy.

As you can tell, he pretty much wasn't havin' it. Maybe next month he'll be a bit more excited about it. Although, if someone tried to take my picture at 11:30 p.m. with a stuffed hippo that was bigger than me, I would probably have the same reaction.

2 comments:

Holly, Olivia and Caroline said...

Imitation is the best form of flattery! Can't wait to see the little man grow with is WIPpo!!

Kelli said...

It is so funny to see him "sitting." I love him I love him I love him.