Friday, May 29, 2009

Did I Miss Somethng Epic?

Ok. I like to think that I am standardly pretty up to date on all things pop culture. Granted, since Alex has been born my bi-hourly visits to people.com, perezhilton.com and pinkisthenewblog.com have been drastically reduced, but I'm trying my best to keep up! TMZ and real magazines have helped the cause, but it's just not the same.

However, I think I missed a new buzzword: epic.

Everywhere I look people are using it like it's oxygen. Blog posts. Facebook picture albums. Myspace profiles. Is this the word of the moment? And most times I see it, it's followed by "fail." Like, as in "epic fail." Can you have an epic somethingofgreatness? IDK. And for fear of not fitting in with the other Somerset MILFs, I must be in the know as to how to properly use this new descriptor!

I'm totally befuddled by this. It's almost as annoying as "I know, right?" Which I am guilty as charged of adopting into my daily lingo. Lock me up and put me in lame jail.

Readers: please help me understand this new "it" phrase so that I'm not an epic failure.

Nice.

4 comments:

Shanni ♥ said...

I too have noticed this..

jackiedee said...

http://slang.otheday.com/2009/03/epic-fail/

:)

Jackie

jackiedee said...

KVW, Thank you for telling me there is a Carter's store at Big Beaver/Rochester. I usually go o the one at GLC or by Lakeside Mall - M-59. It's a fav of mine. They are way cheaper than BRU. I get tons of coupons for the store if you need any.

my mid mid-life crisis said...

I left you some lovin' today. :) I'm sure it's epic, or something.