Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Deals In Detroit.

Attention locals: GROUPON HAS LAUNCHED IN DETROIT!!!



I'm ten steps ahead of you on your next question. Groupon is a combination of the words group and coupon. Duh. Each day, they offer an unbeatable deal on the best of Detroit: restaurants, spas, sporting events, theater and more. By promising businesses a minimum number of customers, they get discounts you won't find anywhere else. It's "collective buying power" at its finest.

If the minimum number of people sign up by the end of the day, you'll get a printable gift certificate in your inbox the next morning that you can use whenever you want (well, at least until the deal expires). If not enough people join, no one gets the deal (and you won't be charged).

I, the self-proclaimed queen of wheeling and dealing, had never heard of Groupon until a fab friend scored  us $60 gift cards to 1154 LILL from Groupon Chicago for a mere $30. Le swoon. I love me some custom purses.

Anywho, I've been waiting and waiting (again with the OCD) to get my first official Detroit deal - and yesterday was the day! Detroit's inaugural deal was $30 to Palm Palace Restaurant for $15. Meh. Not bad. Today's deal is $100 worth of services at Flip Salon in Ferndale for a mere $35. Not gonna lie...I might get in on this one!

Whether or not you live in Detroit, chances are there is a Groupon site for a big city near you. Just use my unique referral code: http://www.groupon.com/r/uu1214602 to get some sweeeeeet deals!!

3 comments:

Shanni ♥ said...

I'll probably never use it but I signed up to get you the $10 deal =)

Happy to help! lol

Kids, Canines, and Chaos said...

Regarding The Bachelor... I was just meh? with his choice. I thought the editors did a brilliant job portraying her as a villian. I do love me some Tenley, so I was sad to see him choose Vienna, but I wasn't overly thrilled with Jake either. I didn't watch ATFR, yet. I think, perhaps, I felt for Tenley with the whole divorce and being a perky little thing. And Alli as the Bachelortette? Not sure, yet, how I feel about her. I think she'll be entertaining, that's for sure. And no, I don't really believe in V and J's "love". But I do love me some Bachelor drama! :)

Jackie D. said...

That 'Flip' deal is pretty cool. Did you check out their website? Looks like a fun place :)

BTW - Thank you for loving my labels right now :) I didn't notice that right away on your page. I felt like I won the lottery. I heart you. You are such a good friend. Smooches.