Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hump day, bump day!


my baby's the size of a plum!
The average fetus at 12 weeks is about 2.1 inches long and .49 ounces. Now that he's got pretty much all his parts, his main job is to keep on growing.

my baby at 12 weeks:
Most critical systems are fully formed!


He's about to enter the growth and maturation stage, in which his organs and tissues will grow and develop rapidly.

He's now developing her reflexes -- if you poke his body, he'll likely move.

He's opening and closing his fingers and curling his toes, too.

His brain is developing fast!

 
Additionally, my bellay means business. Looking back at my pics with Alex, I'd say I look now like I did at about 16 weeks with him. Loosely translated, I'm going to be a whale this summer. Please google "miu miu" for all my clothing needs.


P.S. - I realize the stuff from thebump.com all says "he" but we won't know that particular detail until June sometime, so hold your horses.

2 comments:

Abby said...

I'm jealous that you have a bump already. I still just look chubby, and my pants don't fit. Wahhhhh.

Kim and Steve said...

Nothing prettier than a puffy pregnant lady...I started wearing maternity at 9 weeks the second time around! Hope you kept all those maternity clothes!