Saturday, October 25, 2008

Liz Lange is my pal.

For those who are unfamiliar, Liz Lange is the designer for the maternity line at Target. She's also now the exclusive designer in my closet - no more Express, no more Limited. :(

Yes, friends, today was the day I packed away all my cute, non-pregnant (non-fitting) clothes in my closet and made room for all the tents, er, cute maternity clothes I will don for the next 6 months. It was bittersweet, because I absolutely have a love affair with my closet...and shopping in general. But Liz Lange has done me justice by creating cute pants and tops that do not have bows, flowers, or any other ridiculous adornments on or near the stomach area. Thank goodness for that!

The incredible news is that my shoes all still fit. Never will I have to part with my footgear...well, for now, anyway. I'm sure the day isn't far away that my feet will look like little cooked snausages all squished into my cute red and white polka dot flats. That will be a sad day. A sad day indeed.

On a related note, I had an epiphany this morning: I will be pregnant for SIX. MORE. MONTHS. That is HALF of one, entire YEAR. It really makes my head spin thinking about it. I mean, that's a long time! Joe and I will both have birthdays; Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day and Easter will come and go; and we will watch the ball drop BEFORE we get to meet WIP. It just seems like such a long time, doesn't it?

And, to close the post for today, I would like to give a "Go Green!" and a "Go Blue!" shout-out to the blogosphere. My loyalty lies with the Broncos, but since I have both Spartan and Wolverine friends, I'm torn. :)

No comments: