Monday, May 23, 2011

Two is too much fun.

It's been awhile since a post has been 100% devoted to my little squirt, so here goes.

He had his 2 year well visit a few weeks ago and is still very long and lean (not sure where he gets it, but encouraging him to ride that wave as long as possible). He just moved into size 4 Pampers and despite the fact that he looks like he's waiting for Noah, 18 month clothes. Thank you summer, for finally arriving. Shorts=best ever for skinny minny. He's my little bigfoot, wearing a size 6 shoe...and I might have shed a few tears last night when I packed away all his size 4 and 5 shoes. All 23 of them. Yes, I have a problem.

Two Years - 28 lbs. 13 oz. (50%ile); 34.75 in. long (75%ile); 49.8 cm. head (25/50%ile)
18 Months - 22 lbs. 14 oz. (10/25th %ile); 32.75 in. long (50/75th %ile);  48 cm. head (50/75th %ile)

In other news, he's seriously the funniest person I know. He loves music, Little Einsteins, Thomas and Special Agent Oso and will tour our house for hours on his knees with anything on wheels. He loves, loves, loves to be outside and would swim all day if we would let him (more on that tomorrow). Giving credit to our amazing daycare provider, Aunt Jane, he can count to 30, knows all his letters, spells his name, talks about the weather, asks/answers questions and knows animals, colors, sounds and shapes. Just a few nights ago, we were walking to the park and he said, "Mommy, I see it!" and I said, "What do you see, Alex?" He points to a flipping stop sign and says, "Octagon, Mommy! Red means stop." And then I died, obviously.

His goodnight prayers are far and away my favorite part of the day. We do "Now I lay me down to sleep..." and at the very end before we say "Amen" he lists all the things he wants God to bless. It usually goes something like, "God bless Mommy, and Daddy, and Grammi, and Poppi, and Un-ca Ky-a, and Aunt Chill, and Aunt Kewwi, and Uncle Day-pid, and baby Sam-e-oh, and Nana, and Papa John, and Jake, and fishies, and take a bath, and binky, and Mommy, and Daddy...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand twucks." Always with the trucks. And always, always last...after a long (and often repetitive) list.

As previously mentioned, he's an absolute ham. He loves to play "Knock knock, who's there?" (most especially when I'm in the loo) and will all but make out with himself whenever he sees himself in any reflective surface. He gets that from his Dad. True to his vanity, he also loves to have his "pit-cher" taken. Here's a sampling of his "cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeese" faces:




I know. I can't even stand his cuteness. It punches you in the face like a hot pepper hidden in a Chipotle chicken salad. SO DELICIOUS BUT YOU JUST CAN'T STOP.

And there you have it.

1 comment:

Shanni ♥ said...

WOW! 1.) He is adorable!!
2.) He can count to 30! That's awesome!! My 3 year old can't go that high yet!
He seems like a really smart and sweet little girl! =)