Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mini vacation.

Last weekend we packed it up and headed North for a little family getaway at Zehnder's Splash Village in Frankenmuth.

I won't lie, I was a little hesitant that Alex might be too young...boy was I wrong! He loved exploring and playing in all the areas - even the ones for "bigger" kids. He laughed on the slides, floated in the lazy river and loved squirting Daddy with the red hoses. And every 10 minutes or so when the giant bucket would spill over he would FREAK.OUT. (In a good way.) He was even a little p-i-m-p in the pool, attracting the attention of all the older ladies (does the 'half your age plus seven' rule apply here?). He might have even swam away with a few phone numbers, I just can't be sure.

I didn't get any pictures in the actual waterpark with our camera because the lens kept fogging--but I did snag 2 with my phone. Here's our weekend in pictures:

We started with a yummy lunch at the Frankenmuth Brewery.
I wholeheartedly recommend the fried Oreos.

My boys.

 We had loads of fun in the pool...
...wearing Grammi's flip flops.

Alex and Daddy in the tower.

Hotel rooms are fun because I can wear Mommy's slippers
and Daddy has pillow fights with me!





My friend Lei Lei came to play on Saturday.


It was a great getaway...just what we needed to recharge our batteries. And hello? Who doesn't love a World Famous Zehnder's Chicken Dinner?

2 comments:

Shanni ♥ said...

Pooey for no pictures inside the water park!
Looks like you guys had a blast! I can't wait until the water around here warms up enough for us to go swimming!

Kim and Steve said...

Hooray for Zhender's! We did this with the whole fam damly over Christmas and it was a hoot! The boys were just 19 months but LOVED it!