Friday, January 31, 2014

Goodbye is the hardest word.

The time has inevitably come. (Big Sigh.) I go back to work on Monday and it's time to say goodbye to some of the friends I have made along my maternity leave journey. Consider this my open letter of farewell to my onscreen bffs.

To the local 4 NBC morning news team: I will miss your awkward morning banter and stunningly inaccurate weather forecasts. Some of you should take some remedial reading courses or at the very least, get some glasses and ask the teleprompter kid to up the font size a few notches.

To my dear Willie Geist, co-anchor of The Today Show: My gosh you are charming. I will honestly miss your kind humor and unique sense of style when it comes to journalism. I like you. I like you a lot. And Al Roker, I will miss your weird weather style. You are funny and odd, but irresistibly charming.

To Rachael Ray: Sometimes your teeth and incessant, over-exaggerated clapping drive me crazy, and I wish for the love of cheese that your wardrobe consultant would buy you a new pair of wedge knee-high boots, but for the most part I will miss you. You've helped me get a little more creative in the kitchen (Joey will miss that, I suppose) and your friends have taught me some useful organization and "sense of self" tips.

To the entire cast of The Chew: Said in my best Dorothy Gale voice...I think I'll miss you most of all. Sometimes, Michael, Carla, Daphne, Mario and Clinton were the best part of my day. In no one's mind does this group make a stellar ensemble cast on paper, but on screen you are magic. I will miss our 1 pm life sessions. Perhaps I will DVR you and we can still have a fling?

I'm nervous and excited and anxious and sweaty about Monday. I'll be off the grid for the weekend, mostly eating my feelings in cheese and ice cream. Au revoir!

P.S. - Blogger user "bhan" that commented on the Barre Bee Fit post, please send me an email at kveedub{at}gmail{dot}com!

No comments: