Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Journey To Munich.

On Saturday, I travelled with 2 of my colleagues from Wuppertal to Munich, which is about six hours by car. Going 125 mph. On the Autobahn. Please note that I'm still alive to tell the tale.

It was exhilarating and terrifying to travel at that speed on a highway. And there were cars passing us!

Along the way, we stopped at some outlets to do some shopping. My favorite was a store called S. Oliver, a family-owned German fashion company HQed in Rottendorf, Bavaria. Needless to say, I spent some serious Euros there!

We stopped at a few rest areas along the way...where much to my surprise you had to PAY to PEE! It was .70€ (about 95¢).


I also ate my first real "Bavarian" pretzel. OMG. I don't even know how to describe it, but it's nothing like the soft pretzels in the States. Pure. Heaven. And paired with a nice, cold Bavarian beer? Please.

Once we arrived in Munich, we went to Messe Munchen International to ensure everything was going smoothly for show setup and then had a lovely dinner at a small Greek restaurant on a charming cobblestone street downtown. They didn't have an English menu, so I again had no clue what I ordered....which ended up being something edible consisting of meat, tzatziki, bread and a foreign variety of what I believe were vegetables. Which is fiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

On Sunday we did some exploring around Munich's beautiful downtown...more pics to come!

Also? I'm home now. Exhausted, home, and loving it.

No comments: