Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Gift card Monday.

Joey and I played hooky from work yesterday to have a date day. We decided to put a fun spin on the day and start using up some of the gift cards we have collected over the last few years and have "Gift Card Monday." Basically, we could do anything we wanted all day, but we had to use a gift card. Fun, right?

We started with coffee from Starbucks--the perfect start to any morning! We didn't have any gift cards for "brakfasty" places, so we went home and Joey made breakfast for us. Toad in the hole on sourdough. Mmmmm. Also? Next time you make bacon, do it in the oven and sprinkle a little bit o' cinnamon sugar on each piece. Thank me later.

Then we used up some movie gift cards and saw "Silver Linings Playbook." As an aside, I thought the movie was terrible. I do not get all the hype it's gotten--especially related to Jennifer Lawrence. She's annoying. And yes, I'm already preparing myself for the hate mail.

We broke the gift card rules only once, and that was our next stop. We've been putting off ordering the tile for our backsplash since, oh, August, and finally got around to it. It's amazing what you have time for when you're playing hooky!

After that, we lunched at P.F. Changs and I was again reminded of why we only go to Pei Wei. But, we used a gift card so no love lost.

Ater that it was time to pick up our little nugget and have a nice, relaxing family night. I could get used to days like yesterday!

1 comment:

Jackie D. said...

Should have ate some dinner at The French Laundry!