Monday, June 25, 2012

Pizza! Pizza!

I'm not what one might call a "chef". Sure, I like to experiment from time to time with fancy recipes and techniques, but for the most part...I fake it.

Last night, however, I NAILED IT.

Barbecue chicken pizza is one of my all time favorite things. I will order it 85% of the time when we're out and it's on the menu. It's also one of the few things that's equally as delicious in salad form. So, I gave it a whirl in my own kitchen.

The BBQ chicken itself is a staple in our house, mostly because it's so easy and mindless. I take 2 frozen chicken breasts and pop them in the crock pot for 3 hours (on high) or 7 hours (on low) with 6 (generous) ounces of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce, 1/4 cup italian dressing, 2T brown sugar and 1T Worcestershie sauce. Once the chicken is cooked through, I take two forks and shred it and let it simmer on low/warm for another 30 minutes or so. DELISH.

For the pizza, it literally took 7 minutes to make it. I bought the pre-made dough, available where you'd find the cans of Pillsbury rolls. We were feeling fancy, so we used the artisan wheat variety.

I followed the directions on the tube and pre-baked the dough for 6 minutes. I popped it out of the oven and added the chicken and sauce from the crock pot. Then I added some sliced tomatoes, avacado, fresh cilantro, corn from 1 ear, fresh and shredded mozzarella and baked it for another 8 minutes.

Joey said it was one of my top 3 meals, ever. Which isn't an accomplishment in and of itself, mind you, but the man does have tastebuds!

This was after we devoured half of it. I have reason to believe the corn was the MVP. Unexpected on a pizza, but SO YUM.

No comments: