Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Things I Was Totally Unprepared For.

I think it's safe to say that parenthood by definition involves being totally unprepared for what any given day might bring you. One day, your kid is just lying on the floor like a bump on a log, and the next he's rolling over and goo-goo-gah-gah-ing at his bff the WIPpo. We're clearly well past the rolling milestone around these parts, but it seems as if Alex is learning something new every time I turn around. One of these days he's going to start spouting off long division on the way home from daycare and I'll either a) crap my pants right then and there, or 2) drive into a small bush. Neither are suggested, obvi.

He can feed himself (and loves to!). He can crawl up the stairs (panic ensues!). He no longer needs formula (hello there, wallet that has money in it again!). Basically, he's changing faster than I can keep up. And while it's amazes me to watch him, I often look back on videos and pictures of those first few weeks and wonder where my baby went. Wipe the tear. Continue blogging.

As I said, he's been up to some serious mischief over the last few weeks. But I'll let him tell you all about that...


I can pull myself up on things, which
is very fun. Did you know picture frames
make a loud BOOM when they crash to the ground?
I do now, and so does Mommy.


I got my first big boy haircut!


I love all the fun toys at Aunt Jane's Daycare.
Beep! Beep! Comin' through!
(This was obviously taken before my handsome haircut.)


Daddy put in my big boy carseat on Saturday morning,
which explains why I'm testing it out in my jammie-jams.


I went schwimming in a BIG pool for the first time.
It was so much fun and I loved going underwater.


I like to wear handsome big boy clothes and eat licorice. Yum!


Charming, no? In other news, he had his 12 month checkup a few weeks ago. Still right on target in all areas. I credit the licorice for this, mostly.

12 Month Checkup - Weight: 21 lbs. 7 oz. (25-50%ile); Length: 30 in. (50-75%ile); Head: 46.8 cm. (50-75%ile)
9 Month Checkup - Weight: 19 lbs. 9 oz. (25-50th %ile); Length: 28.5 in. (50-75th %ile); Head: 46 cm. (50/75th %ile)

2 comments:

*cait* said...

Um. Love the pic of Alex chillaxin' in the pool, arms behind his head--

Just wondering where his blow-up chair is...

christa said...

Wow he is getting so big! It goes by so fast. He looks so cute ! love that he is loving all of the new big boy experiences.