Thursday, November 19, 2009

CSN Baby Division = Thumbs Up.

In the event that any of my kickass readers were sitting on pins and needles waiting for the product and store review from CSN Baby, your day has arrived!

My apologies to Ashley and the fine people at CSN for the delay in posting, but I wanted to give this review the time and research that it deserved.

So here we go...

The product I received in the mail was the Skip*Hop Mod Dot Nursery Lamp.




Once you finish squealing with delight at how adorable it is, I will give you the low down.

*pause for squeals*

First, a review on the product itself:

Price: The list price of this lamp is $40. CSN has it 33% off at an absolute STEAL for $27. To be honest, I lovelovelove the Skip*Hop brand (you remember our bottle drying rack?) but hate that it's often so expensive. Worth it, but still. I usually can snag items for a deal at Marshalls or T.J. Maxx, but CSN's price beats them ALL. To drive the point home, this exact same lamp is listed for $49.99 at Buy, Buy Baby and is listed for $50 at many other online retailers' sites.

There's also a "seen it for less?" button near the price on CSN's product pages. All you have to do is click the link and fill out a quick form (where you saw the price, what it was, etc.) and they will send you back an offer. As a girl who loves a deal but sometimes gets exhausted on the hunt, I find this to be an absolutely brilliant concept. Customer retention? Ab-so-friggin-lutely.

Shipping: This item shipped to me for $6.21, which isn't bad considering it's a LAMP for crying out loud. Currently, they're offering free shipping on orders of $75 or more.

Function: Ok, why have I not owned a touch-operated lamp before? BRILLS! A light touch to the base or pole of the lamp will turn it on; it has a 3-way bulb, so the low setting is perfect for a night light in Alex's room and the high setting is great for bedtime stories. Plus, I can easily turn it off if he's sleeping without the annoying *CLICK* of a standard lamp. Nobody likes to wake a baby!

Now, for a general review of CSN:

Product Offering: They have a wide range of products from a great selection of brands. From nursery decor to travel gear, there's pretty much nothing you can't find on their site. Plus, with over 200+ CSN sister sites, you're sure to find whatever it is you're looking for...baby-related or otherwise.

Price: As previously mentioned, their price points are very competitive. Even if you were to use a coupon at a big-name baby retailer like Buy, Buy Baby, you're still getting a better price even factoring in shipping at CSN.

Customer Service: Now, I suspect that I got great customer service because I was doing a product review for them, but to be extra sneaky I anonymously called their customer service line with a few fake questions just to get a taste of the company and its culture. I'm pleased to report they passed with curteous, flying colors.

In Summary: My final grade for CSN is an A+! I would like to thank them for the opportunity to review their company and its products. You can bet I'll be a repeat customer.

And to my friends at Starbucks, MAC, Target, etc. if you are reading this and would like to follow suit, hit me up at kveedub {at} gmail {dot} com.

No comments: