Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Why being a Mom is awesome.

If I wrote a list, it would probably be eleventy trillion items long, so I will share today's awesomesauce in pictorial form.

Please note that this photo doesn't include the 4 Cars that will be in his
Easter Basket or the entire mini collection I just scored on ebay for $2.

The fact that I can name EACH of these Cars characters (from movies 1&2, thankyouverymuch) without so much as skipping a beat is both something I never thought I would say, and something I am also so proud to say. Alex loves him some Cars characters--and we've had so much fun scouring every store in every city we've been in over the last 2 months to find new ones. I've spent more hours than I care to admit on ebay, looking for the gems that you can't find in stores anymore.

But the time I cherish most is the 30 minutes (or more) every night that we spend playing Cars. We drive them around in circles around the house and take them on adventures in the backyard. They are frequent guests at dinnertime, and 2 of them get selected every night to get tucked into bed with him. They're part of our family, in a weird little way.

It's kind of stupid how much I love these little Cars. And if I'm honest with myself, it's not the actual Cars I love. It's the adventures we take them on and the time we spend together hunting for them. It's the memories we're creating. I know all too soon, the Cars will be collecting dust in a box in the closet and there will be a REAL car in the driveway he likes better. 

That got depressing quickly, didn't it?

Anyway, I forget what my original point was...because in my head this was a really funny post about how I can name every Cars character in my sleep. Yesyesyes. That was it. And that, my friends, is why being a Mom is awesome.

No comments: