Thursday, February 9, 2012

Food truck MADNESS.

If you're my pal on Facebook, you know that last night was one of the best nights of my culinary life. The fine city of Royal Oak, Michigan, hosted its first evah Michigan Mobile Food Vendors Association food-truck rally. Eight (count 'em EIGHT) trucks were all parked in and around the Farmer's Market downtown. BRILLIANT. Over 3,000 people attended and all but one truck ran out of food over the course of the 3 hour event.

It. Was. Awesome.

Well, waiting in line for over an hour for street tacos and confit pork belly was NOT awesome (cue impatient 2 year old). But it was so fun to see a community coming out in droves to support local business (and charity! all tips went to a good cause). It was MADNESS in there. Exhibits A and B:



For those counting, I'm up to a grand total of 5 in my quest for "30 b4 30." I know that's not a lot...but the good news is that Royal Oak will be hosting this event the first Wednesday of every month, so I will have the opportunity to hit up all of the trucks we didn't have time/patience to wait for.

Waiting in line at El Guapo.

In summary: I love food. And I'm also impatient.

No comments: