Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What happens in Vegas goes on my blog.

Four days in Vegas is about 2 days longer than you actually need to experience Sin City. Lucky for me, I spent my 9-5 hours in a (totally rad and nerdily educational) seminar, so my evenings were free to roam wild. And by "roam wild" I mean catch up with an old friend who recently moved to Vegas (She's what I like to call a "traveling nurse" - and a totally legit one. Like at a hospital. Not a naughty nurse. Though I can't be totally responsible as to what she does with her free time out there, mind you.)

Anyway, Liz and I met a katrillion years ago (circa 1996) at summer camp. Our story and friendship goes far beyond our years at camp and really is worthy of a blog entry unto itself. In the meantime, meet 1996 Kristi and Liz:


As you can see, I've always had a flair for the ridiculous. Here's the slightly more mature and refined 2012 Kristi and Liz...reunited and it feels so good!


I know, we're adorable.

But back to my travels...I knew I was in for it when I saw the hot mess of individuals on my flight from DTW to LAS. For instance:


Once landing safely in Vegas, I made my way to the taxi line. For the record, no one warns you about this little piece of humanity before you go. It's literally a mad house. Hundreds of people (in well-organized lines) frenetically herded to get into the next taxi. These people are jonesing for their slot machines and free drinks. Most have oxygen tanks and are simultaneously smoking. It's a mess. Anyway, guess who I saw in line? Sheree from Real Housewives of Atlanta! You can deduce two things from this: 1) Bravo TV does not pay that well; and 2) She is NOT as richy-rich as she would like us all to believe. MY luggage was nicer than hers. No LV in sight! And girl was wearing Uggs. THE HORROR.



I think that's enough for recap day 1. Tomorrow I will commence with the shenanigans of Kristi and Liz. Kriz. Or maybe Lizti. Either way, more to come!

1 comment:

Kids, Canines, and Chaos said...

True story: I almost got in a fight in the taxi line. It was a HOT mess and someone tried to cut in front of me. I may have gone postal. And I may have made reference to their children being horrible members of society and "no wonder children cut in line at school-- their parents do it!" and probably threatened them. But I can't be sure about any of it.

Glad you had fun!