Thursday, September 8, 2011

Things I cannot explain. Even my Mom powers are null and void.

I realize this is going to sound strange: Alex has taken a recent liking to fans. Yes, literally fans. Fans on a stand. Fans on the ceiling. Box fans. Clip-on fans. The Dyson bladeless fan confuses him, but he still loves it.

I don't know where it came from, honestly. One day, he just got really excited to go in the basement to "see the little fan." The "medium fan" is upstairs. The "big fan" equates to ceiling fans. He's an equal opportunity fan lover, but if he can reach the buttons to turn it on and off himself, he loves it even more.

It's so weird. And I love him for it. While most little boys are fascinated by trucks and trains and planes, my kid is obsessed with fans. FANS!

And so, last week when Daddy went fishing, Alex and I went on an adventure. Most Moms might have taken the opportunity to visit the zoo. Or a playground. Or Chuck-E-Cheese. Or something else totally normal and kid-centric.

But us? We went to Bed, Bath and Beyond. Specifically, the fan aisle. No, I'm not kidding.


His mind was blown. Pun intended.

1 comment:

Kim and Steve said...

Great idea! Guess what? My Nathan is ALSO obsessed with fans, so maybe it's not as weird as we both thought!